Suunto has unveiled its new Suunto 9 Peak Pro multi-sport watch which offers comprehensive GPS tracking and long battery life and houses it in a thin and classic design.
This model is based on the popular Suunto 9 Peak and is the thinnest (10.8mm) and lightest (55g titanium and 64g steel) GPS sport watch on the market.
Its classic design means it can be worn anywhere whether you’re scaling amount or in a board meeting.
And with the 1.2-inch screen size, the Suunto 9 Peak Pro is the right size to be suitable for both men and women.
“The Suunto 9 Peak Pro is engineered with a new, more powerful chipset architecture that boosts the performance to a new level while having the best-in-class battery life compared to similar-sized products on the market,” says Damian Commane, Head of Suunto ANZ.
“While extending our deep heritage in sports watches and precision instruments, the Suunto 9 Peak Pro’s comprehensive tracking capabilities and sleek design has allowed us to deliver our most premium product yet.”
The Suunto 9 Peak Pro has also set a new benchmark for battery life with the best performance of any Suunto watch to date.
There are three battery modes: Performance, Endurance and Tour.
The battery lasts up to 21 days in normal daily use, up to 40 hours in Performance mode, 70 hours in Endurance mode and up to 300 hours in Tour mode.
The Suunto 9 Peak Pro has solid GPS and can connect you up to four satellite systems – GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU Galileo – and up to 32 individual satellites at the same time.
This means even better accuracy when exercising or competing in locations that are challenging for GPS including under tall buildings or deep mountain valleys.
Suunto is already a leader in dive watches and the Suunto 9 Peak Pro offers new water sport modes for snorkelling and can offer essential data including depth, dive time and water temperature down to 10 metres.
The watch also as the number of route-finding options, turn by turn guidance and other advanced training tools so you’re able to get out into the wild and always know where you’re going and how to get back.
If you’re in a new city or location you could discover and create new routes with the Suunto app’s heat maps, 3D maps and road surface map layers.
Another new feature to the Suunto app, now compatible with iPad and Android tablets, is the ability to pre-structure workouts and follow the plan during a session.
For extreme adventurers the Suunto app can also offer a new avalanche map layer which can show you areas of avalanche danger if you’re planning an alpine trip.
The Suunto 9 Peak Pro will be available in six different versions, four models built with stainless steel ($759) and two models built with titanium ($959).
There is a wide variety of accessory straps so you can personalise the device to reflect your own style.
Suunto 9 Peak Pro Key features:
– Ultra thin: 10.8 mm (excluding HR dome). Screen size: 1.2”.
– Weight: the titanium model 55 g and steel model 64 g
– GPS watch with the lowest carbon footprint in the market: total life cycle CO2e emissions only 7.49 kg
– Fully carbon compensated in a reforestation project with Verified Carbon Units via Tree-Nation. The Verified Carbon Units are validated by the international verification program ensuring the quality of carbon offsetting projects.
– Tested to the highest military standard of toughness (*MIL-STD-810H). List of tests here
– Daily activity tracking: steps, heart rate, sleep, calories, stress and more
– Extremely fast charging: 100% battery in 1 hour or 10 h of training time after charging for 10 minutes
– Barometric sensor
– Over the air software updates
– Made with sapphire glass, stainless steel, and two models with grade 5 titanium
– Waterproof down to -100 m
– New snorkeling sports mode that tracks activity data down to -10 m
– 97 sport modes to choose from and the ability to create custom modes