Sonos has unveiled the Sonos Era 300 and Era 100 smart speakers which offer the same connectivity and audio quality the brand is renowned for but now with an added layer of sound design.
The Sonos Era 300 now features spatial audio with six powerful drivers under the hood which can direct sound in all directions so you’re getting Dolby Atmos performance.
It has an hourglass design and is the first Sonos speaker that can deliver multi-channel sound and be used as home theatre rear speakers with a Sonos soundbar.
The Sonos Era 100 is a redesign of the popular Sonos One and has a fresh new design and improved acoustic performance.
It has two angled tweeters and a large midwoofer to produce crisp high frequencies and solid bass from a small unit.
From March 29, the Sonos Era 300, Arc and Beam (Gen 2) will support spatial audio with Apple Music.
“In an age of constant background noise, quality listening matters more than ever. Our vision is to make listening an experience that is charged with feeling, and help our customers feel joy and vitality through their favourite music and audio content,” said Patrick Spence, CEO of Sonos.
“The Era family is the next generation of smart speakers, epitomising our commitment to sound innovation, responsible design and a deep connection to the creator community.”
– Shaped for spatial: Era 300 wraps its beautifully complex acoustic architecture in an elegantly cinched hourglass design, with every angle, proportion and perforation enhancing the direction and dispersion of sound to truly surround you.
– Surreal surround sound: Era 300 is the brand’s first speaker that delivers multi-channel surround sound when used as home theatre rears. Movie fans can pair two speakers with Arc or Beam (Gen 2) to create a supercharged Dolby Atmos experience that draws them deeper into the action.
– Deep music industry collaboration: Sonos worked closely with its community of leading artists and creators – including Sonos Soundboard members – to meticulously fine-tune Era 300 so listeners can enjoy sound straight from the studio that’s true to the artist’s intent.
– Now in stereo: Two angled tweeters send crisp high frequencies left and right for a rich stereo experience, while a larger midwoofer creates stunning bass that’s unexpected from a single compact speaker.
– Small but mighty: Packed full of audio and tech enhancements, Era 100’s slim, modern design makes it a chic accent piece for any bookshelf, kitchen counter, desk or nightstand.
– Customise your system: Level-up movie night by adding two Era 100 speakers as rears with your soundbar to create a surround sound system, or simply pair two together for room-filling stereo sound.
Era 300 & Era 100:
– More sustainable sound: Era 100 and Era 300 are made with post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic and packaged in 100% sustainably sourced paper, while also engineered to reduce power consumption with under two watts idle power consumption and a new advanced sleep function.
– Built to last: Designed to live in your home for years, both speakers are built for serviceability by reducing the use of adhesives and transitioning to screws for easy disassembly and repair.
– Bold, new UI: Era 100 and Era 300 feature an intuitive new user interface, including a new capacitive volume slider for simple control that complements quick and private control of your music with Sonos Voice Control, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth®.
– Upgraded connectivity: Stream all the audio you care about using WiFi or Bluetooth, and directly connect other audio devices such as a turntable using an auxiliary cable and the Sonos Line-In Adapter.
– Expanding Trueplay to more listeners: Using the microphone array in Era 100 and Era 300, Trueplay optimises the sound for the unique acoustics of your space with just a tap in the Sonos app. Available to both Android and iOS users.
Sonos Era 300 ($749) and Sonos Era 100 ($399) will go on sale on March 29, 2023.