On Thursday, September 14th, 2022 one of the ultimate greatest footballers of all – time, Cristiano Ronaldo, was included in the Portugal national football club for upcoming Nations League games versus both the Czech Republic as well as Spain.
The head coach of Portugal, Fernando Santos, claimed that he is not concerned with Cristiano not playing much with the Manchester United football during this season.
“Nobody here has any doubts about how important he continues to be for the national team,” the head coach of Portugal’s National team Fernando Santos exclaimed.
The following players: João Félix, Diogo Jota, Bernardo Silva, and Bruno Fernandes also were included in the list of the 26 – players called up to play for the Portuguese national team recently, along with defenders João Cançelo, Pepe, and their exciting newcomer Tiago Djaló.
Some players that are out of contention to play for the Portugal football club due to injuries at the moment are Otávioand Renato Sanches. Santos also left out André Silva, Gonçalo Guedes as well as João Moutinho, Portugal’s player with the 2nd – most match appearances with the Portuguese national team behind Cristiano.
Portugal is presently scheduled to play at the Czech Republic on Saturday, September 24th, 2022, and then the Portuguese national football club will be hosting Spain just 3 – days after that on Tuesday, September 27th, 2022.
Portugal was the ultimate victor of the inaugural edition of the Nation League back in the year of 2019, and they are presently behind Spain at the moment by only 1 – point in Group 2 of the League A. The Portuguese football club is also just 3 – points in front of the Czech Republic. So, the upcoming games have a very significant meaning during the group stage of this season’s Nations League.
Earlier on Thursday, September 14th, 2022 the Portuguese soccer federation released their new uniforms for the 2022 World Cup which is scheduled to be played in Qatar a few months from now. The newly released Portuguese uniforms include a jersey inspired by the nation’s red and green flag, and they seem to be quite classy. Moving away from the traditional plain red, the new uniform has both the red and green colors on each side of a diagonal line across the chest.
The 2022 National Team of Portugal
Goalkeepers: Diogo Costa (Porto), José Sá (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rui Patrício (Roma)
Defenders: Diogo Dalot (Manchester United), João Cancelo (Manchester City), Danilo Pereira (Paris Saint – Germain), Pepe (Porto), Rúben Dias (Manchester City), Tiago Djaló (Lille), Nuno Mendes (Paris Saint-Germain), Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund)
Midfielders: João Palhinha (Fulham), Rúben Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United), João Mário (Benfica), Matheus Nunes (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Vitinha (Paris Saint-Germain), William Carvalho (Real Betis)
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Diogo Jota (Liverpool), Pedro Neto (Wolverhampton Wanderers), João Félix (Atlético Madrid), Rafa Silva (Benfica), Rafael Leão (AC Milan), Ricardo Horta (Braga)
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Football Career Achievements, Honors, & Awards
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2002
- Premier League: 2006 – 2007, 2007 – 2008, 2008 – 2009
- FA Cup: 2003 – 2004
- Football League Cup: 2005 – 2006, 2008 – 2009
- FA Community Shield: 2007
- UEFA Champions League: 2007 – 2008
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
- La Liga: 2011 – 2012, 2016 – 2017
- Copa del Rey: 2010 – 2011, 2013 – 2014
- Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017
- UEFA Champions League: 2013 – 2014, 2015 – 2016, 2016 – 2017, 2017 – 2018
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- Serie A: 2018 – 2019, 2019 – 2020
- Coppa Italia: 2020 – 2021
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2018, 2020
- UEFA European Championship: 2016
- UEFA Nations League: 2018 – 2019
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2016, 2017
- The Best FIFA Special Award for Outstanding Career Achievement: 2021
- European Golden Shoe: 2007 – 2008, 2010 – 2011, 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015
- FPF Portuguese Player of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2006 – 2007, 2007 – 2008
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2006 – 2007, 2007 – 2008
- Premier League Golden Boot: 2007 – 2008
- La Liga Best Player: 2013 – 2014
- Pichichi Trophy: 2010 – 2011, 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015
- Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2019, 2020
- Capocannoniere: 2020 – 2021
- PRT Ordem de Nossa Senhora da Conceicao de Vila Vicosa Cavaleiro ribbon.svg Medal of Merit, Order of the Immaculate Conception of Vila Viçosa (Portuguese Royal Family)
- PRT Order of Prince Henry – Grand Officer BAR.png Grand officer of the Order of Prince Henry
- POR Ordem do Merito Comendador BAR.svg Commander of the Order of Merit
- Cordão Autonómico de Distinção
The Associated Press News Services. “Ronaldo called up to lead Portugal in Nations League”. The Associated Press. Friday, September 15, 2022.
Football Reference News Services. “Cristiano Ronaldo”. Football Reference. Friday, September 15, 2022.