Dyson has released its latest cordless vacuum – the Dyson Gen5Detect – which is the company’s most powerful cordless vacuum that incorporates its latest 5th generation hyperdymium motor and a whole machine HEPA filtration system.
The Dyson Gen5Detect is capable of 262 air watts of powerful suction with the filtration system that’s been engineered to capture 99.99 per cent of particles down to 0.1 microns.
“The Gen5detect defines Dyson’s next generation of cleaning technology. It is the combination of our dust light optic technology, dust particle counting and sizing, pioneering new motor and whole-machine HEPA filtration, that enables you to achieve our deepest ever clean,” says James Dyson, Founder and Chief Engineer at Dyson.
The new hyperdymium motor might be smaller but it is faster and more powerful than its predecessor, spinning at up to 135,000 RPM – that’s nine times faster than a Formula One engine.
The Dyson Gen5Detect has advanced cordless whole machine HEPA filtration which is fully sealed to ensure that only dirty air passes through the filter and expels clean air into your home.
“The best filter cannot provide clean air if there is an opportunity for dirty air to leak out of the machine – so our engineers worked hard to ensure that all our Dyson vacuums have whole-machine filtration,” says Charlie Park, Vice President of Floorcare at Dyson.
“In our Gen5detect vacuum, we went a step further with HEPA filtration to ensure that even particles as small as 0.1 microns remain trapped in the machine.”
Dyson’s global dust study in 2022 revealed 95 per cent of people are cleaning just as much, if not more, then they did last year to make sure their homes remain clean and healthy as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The study also revealed 40 per cent of people are only motivated to clean when their home has visible dust and dirt on the floor compared to 33% in 2020.
This is where the new Fluffy Optic cleaner head comes into play.
It has been revamped and can aim a laser beam at the floor which will reveal twice the amount of microscopic dust with increased brightness and range so it’s easy to see exactly where to clean.
The vacuum also has a new user interface the displays in real time when the surface is clean.
A new piezo sensor uses acoustic sensing to count and categorise particle sizes to display them on the LCD screen and let you know when that area is clean.
“Software increasingly plays a more critical role in fuelling Dyson’s technology pipeline – across both the internal functionality of our machines and the information delivered to the owner,” says Chunrui Zhang, Head of Embedded Software at Dyson.
“The Gen5detect vacuum cleaner possesses both Dyson’s most advanced cordless software management system and uniquely updates owners with real time cleaning performance, ensuring a better understanding of the health of their home.”
Other key features of the Dyson Gen5detect vacuum include:
– Built-in dusting and crevice tool: The machine transforms into our most powerful handheld. Hidden inside the wand is a built-in dusting and crevice tool to save time between floor and handheld cleaning.
– Single button control: It has a power button instead of the classic trigger, for more comfortable, continuous cleaning. This also allows users to swap hands while navigating obstacles, making cleaning easier.
– Fade-free, energy-dense battery: Up to 70 minutes of suction, Dyson’s longest ever runtime in a cordless vacuum. Ten energy-dense lithium-ion cells deliver fade-free, powerful suction.
– Heavy duty cleans: The most powerful cordless vacuum weighs 3.5kg and now comes with a 0.77L bin.
– Easy, no-touch bin emptying: The straight, slim bin has an ejection mechanism with a rotary catch, to drive out dust in one smooth action. A silicone collar wipes down the mesh shroud to drive out dust without dirtying your hands.
The Dyson Gen5detect cordless vacuum cleaner is priced at $1,499 and is available now from Dyson online stores and Dyson Demo stores.