DJI doesn’t just make drones – it also makes action cameras and it has just released the Osmo Action 4 which allows users to capture their adventures in exceptional quality.
Osmo Action 4 has a 1/1.3-inch image sensor, wide f2.8 aperture and can shoot 4K/120fps with a 155-degree ultra-wide field of view.
This gives users the scope to capture stunning footage with remarkable clarity even in low light conditions.
The 360-degree HorizonSteady stabilisation mode includes the latest RockSteady 3.0 to take the shakes out of FPV footage as well as HorizonBalancing and HorizonSteady for horizontal videos.
Under the hood is a 10-bit D-Log M colour mode which offers more than a billion colours and a wider dynamic range an advanced colour temperature sensors to provide natural tones and vibrant colours no matter where you’re shooting.
Naturally the camera is robust and water resistant and can go to a depth of up to 18 metres without a case.
The device is also easy to control and operate even with wet hands.
The Osmo Action 4 has built in microphones with advanced wind noise reduction so your videos sound as crisp as they look.
The camera also has wi-fi live streaming capabilities so you can share your experience with an audience using your phone as a hotspot to ensure a seamless broadcasting experience.
The Osmo Action 4 allows you to quickly switch between horizontal and vertical shooting without cropping or sacrificing quality.
There are two water-stain resistant touch screens, one on the front to frame yourself, and the other on the back to watch your footage.
Osmo Action 4 also has a Quick Switch button to make it easier to switch between five different modes as well as voice control which tells the user the current mode without the need to unmount the camera. You can also use your voice to control the camera hands free.
On the battery side, the Osmo Action 4 can film for up to two and a half hours and when it’s time to recharge you’ll need just 18 minutes to get the battery back up to 80 per cent.
The LightCut app can connect wirelessly to the Osmo Action 4 camera to give users the ability to preview their clips and to run auto editing without having to transfer footage from the camera.
From the app it’s also possible to view the live feed of the camera and access story templates and in app editing tools.
There are also a wide range of dedicated accessories to improve your filming experience and provide a unique point of view.
– Osmo Action Chest Strap Mount
– Osmo Action Helmet Chin Mount
– Osmo Action 60m Waterproof Case
– DJI Floating Handle
– Osmo Action Adhesive Base Kit
– Osmo Action Bike Seat Rail Mount
– Osmo Action Mini Handlebar Mount
– Osmo Action 360° Wrist Strap
– Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller
– Osmo Action Mini Extension Rod
– Osmo Backpack Strap Mount
– Osmo Action Multifunctional Battery Case
– Osmo Action Hanging Neck Mount
Price and Availability
Osmo Action 4 is available today from https://store.dji.com/au.
– The Osmo Action 4 Standard Combo is priced at $629 and includes Osmo Action 4, one Osmo Action Extreme Battery, the Osmo Action Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame, the Osmo Action Quick-Release Adapter Mount, the Osmo Action Curved Adhesive Base, an Osmo Locking Screw, a Type-C to Type-C PD Cable, an Osmo Action Lens Hood, and an Osmo Action Anti-Slip Pad.
– The Osmo Action 4 Adventure Combo is $819 and includes Osmo Action 4, three Osmo Action Extreme Batteries, the Osmo Action Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame, an Osmo Action Quick-Release Adapter Mount, one mini Osmo Action Quick-Release Adapter Mount, one Osmo Action Curved Adhesive Base, two Osmo Locking Screws, a Type-C to Type-C PD Cable, the Osmo Action Multifunctional Battery Case, one Osmo 1.5m Extension Rod, one Osmo Action Lens Hood, and one Osmo Action Anti-Slip Pad.