On Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 the international football superstar sensation, Cristiano Ronaldo, requested a transfer from Manchester United this summer in order to play in the Champions League for the upcoming next European football season.
The native icon of Portugal and the Portuguese captain returned to Manchester United just 1 – year ago for his 2nd – stint at Old Trafford with Man U, and Ronaldo scored 18 – goals throughout his 30 – league appearances, but unfortunately the historic football club managed to finish in 6th – place in the English Premier League (EPL) resulting in Manchester United not qualifying for the next football season’s elite European club competition in the Champions League.
The now 37 – year – old Cristiano, is currently under contract with the Manchester United Red Devils through the month of June in 2023. That live contract includes an option for him to extend the agreement for a further year if he so chose to, but Ronaldo has now strongly requested to be transferred.
At this stage of his illustrious football career, I guess he feels that he has every right to demand what he wants, but only time will tell if he ultimately gets his way or not on this matter. My guess is that this move will eventually transpire sometime during this summer.
Currently Manchester United has informed Cristiano that he is not available for transfer this summer, and that Manchester United fully expects Ronaldo to remain with their once legendary football club for the final year of his deal with Man U.
It is common knowledge that Chelsea, Bayern Munich as well as Napoli, along with several other football clubs are highly – interested in signing Cristiano Ronaldo to their team prior to the upcoming 2022 – 2023 European football season.
Even though Ronaldo has declared his unwavering respect and love for Manchester United as well as the supporters of this storied football club, the former big – name superstar of the Real Madrid football club believes he needs the ultimate motivation of playing in the Champions League during the final stage of his masterful professional football career. Cristiano has been known to publicly say that competing in the Champions League and playing for major championship title trophies was his overall number -1 priority, especially this late in his phenomenal football career.
Manchester United has assigned the head coach of Ajax, Erik ten Hag, to replace the interim head coach of the Manchester United football club, Ralf Rangnick, and while Erik ten Hag was officially introduced just a month ago, he explicitly stated that Cristiano was an intricate part of his game plans for this upcoming professional European football season.
Ronaldo initially joined forces with Man U from the Portuguese side Sporting CP way back in the year of 2003.
Cristiano netted 118 – goals over the course of his 292 – matches prior to leaving Manchester United for Real Madrid back in 2009, where he ultimately remained before joining Juventus to play in the Italian Serie A League several years ago in 2018.
He unfortunately came up just short in winning the Champions League with Juventus throughout Ronaldo’s 3 – seasons with the Turin football powerhouse giants, but he was able to manage lifting that elusive trophy with Manchester United all the way back in the year of 2008, as well as an additional 4 – times during his stay with the Spanish La Liga League tyrants in Real Madrid.
Ronaldo just so happened to be the absolute top scorer in the Italian Serie A League for the previous 2 – seasons that he could be found playing his pro football in Turin where he ultimately scored an amazing 101 – goals over the course of his 134 – match appearances.
The ex – Real Madrid playboy football superstar has won an incredible 32 – overall championship titles throughout his historic professional football career, and that includes 7 – league titles as well as 5 – Champions League championship titles.
Ronaldo captained the Portugal national club to Euro 2016 glory as well as the 2019 UEFA Nations League.
Cristiano is now a 5 – time Ballon d’Or award winner, and he is the men’s world – record holder for the most goals scored (117) during international competition with a staggering 117 goals scored.
Cristiano is presently set to captain the Portugal national football club throughout the quickly approaching 2022 World Cup tournament which will be hosted by Qatar later on this year.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Football Career Achievements, Honors, & Awards
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2002
- Premier League: 2006 – 2007, 2007 – 2008, 2008 – 2009
- FA Cup: 2003 – 2004
- Football League Cup: 2005 – 2006, 2008 – 2009
- FA Community Shield: 2007
- UEFA Champions League: 2007 – 2008
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
- La Liga: 2011 – 2012, 2016 – 2017
- Copa del Rey: 2010 – 2011, 2013 – 2014
- Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017
- UEFA Champions League: 2013 – 2014, 2015 – 2016, 2016 – 2017, 2017 – 2018
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- Serie A: 2018 – 2019, 2019 – 2020
- Coppa Italia: 2020 – 2021
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2018, 2020
- UEFA European Championship: 2016
- UEFA Nations League: 2018 – 2019
- FIFA Ballon d’Or / Ballon d’Or: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2016, 2017
- The Best FIFA Special Award for Outstanding Career Achievement: 2021
- European Golden Shoe: 2007 – 2008, 2010 – 2011, 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015
- FPF Portuguese Player of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2006 – 2007, 2007 – 2008
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2006 – 2007, 2007 – 2008
- Premier League Golden Boot: 2007 – 2008
- La Liga Best Player: 2013 – 2014
- Pichichi Trophy: 2010 – 2011, 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015
- Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2019, 2020
- Capocannoniere: 2020 – 2021
- Medal of Merit, Order of the Immaculate Conception of Vila Viçosa (Portuguese Royal Family)
- Grand officer of the Order of Prince Henry
- Commander of the Order of Merit
- Cordão Autonómico de Distinção
Garcia, Adriana. “Cristiano Ronaldo requests Manchester United transfer to play in Champions League – sources”. ESPN. July 2, 2022.
Football Reference News Services. “Cristiano Ronaldo”. Football Reference. July 3, 2022.